As a leading property and construction company, Calder Stewart has developed a strong reputation throughout New Zealand as an innovative and successful company. With 65 years of commercial construction behind it, Calder Stewart is growing as New Zealand’s property and build partner of choice.
About the Role
We are looking for a reliable and experienced Commercial Foreman to join our team. You will play a key role in supervising and mentoring our concrete/carpentry teams and may be required to assist or be on the tools for short periods. Work is based on a range of commercial warehouses and industrial projects.
Skills and Attributes
To be a successful applicant, you must be a trade qualified carpenter. You will also have the following skills and attributes:
• A minimum of three years relevant experience within the commercial construction industry
• Experience in setting out, concrete form work, reinforcing, concrete work and steel assembly
• Commitment to improving performance in product quality and safety
• Adaptable and flexible
• The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels
If you are a strong Leading hand with a minimum of two years’ experience looking to take on more responsibilities and further your construction career, please also apply.
Culture and Benefits
In return for your skills and commitment we can offer:
• Long term career opportunities with a supportive company culture
• Career pathways and advancement opportunities
• Competitive wage package, plus company vehicle
To find out more about Calder Stewart please visit our website www.calderstewart.co.nz
To register your interest please apply online or contact Greg Tzvetkoff on 021 514 739.
Applications for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Calder Stewart recognise vaccination is one of the key controls to reduce infection and transmission of COVID-19 for all employees. If you are successful in this role, you will be required to be double vaccinated before commencing employment. Your vaccination status will need to be verified prior to coming on site.
Calder Stewart is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. A negative drug test result will be a condition of any offer of employment.