Calder Stewart is a leading property, construction, and property investment company with a presence throughout New Zealand. FortHill Property is part of our wholesale funds management business and is a nationally leading industrial property fund. We pride ourselves in delivering innovative property and construction solutions for clients using our property and construction expertise and best practice technology and methodologies.
We are committed to growing our people through continuous learning and development opportunities, enabling sustained personal and business growth. More information on both businesses can be found on calderstewart.co.nz, forthill.co.nz, and LinkedIn.
About the Role
This established role provides an exciting opportunity in the Commercial Property Management field. Our Facilities Manager will ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and effective facilities management of all investment properties managed by Calder Stewart Property Management Limited.
This role will involve taking responsibility of the day-to-day Facilities Management, efficiently planning, coordinating and delivering key operational functions to ensure the best practice of the portfolio’s building requirements whilst also developing capital improvement plans and ensuring internal and external customer service levels meet company standards.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing support to the National Facilities Manager on all facilities management matters
- Providing assistance in preparing annual operating expenditure budgets and forecasts in conjunction with Finance and Operations Manager, Property Manager and the National Facilities Manager
- Providing assistance in preparing Capital Budgets and overseeing and identifying capital improvement requirements, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Engagement and tendering of soft and hard service performance and repairs and maintenance contracts and ongoing performance and relationship management to ensure efficiency and compliance
- Managing and co-ordinating the handover of completed buildings from Calder Stewart Construction and other developers
- Effectively managing the variety of parties involved in the tenancy fitouts ensuring the best possible outcomes for delivery of any capital works
- Risk Management and Compliance – ensuring compliance with Calder Stewart’s Health and Safety Policies and ensure building statutory compliances are met.
Skills and Attributes
We will be looking for the following attributes from candidates:
- Detailed Financial Management skills and budgeting of large operating expense budgets, with Advanced Excel competency.
- Operations Management and Facilities Management experience of a property portfolio as part of a Facilities or Property Team
- Project Management skills and experience to deliver capital replacement projects on time and on budget.
- Hold an understanding in best practice Energy and Sustainable Building Management practices is advantageous.
- Experience in contractor management
- Excellence in Health and Safety Leadership and compliance
- Skilled and efficient user of administrative, management and building management technologies.
- Facilities Management roles and large projects will also be highly regarded.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX, and SharePoint programs is advantageous.
- Proven organisational skills along with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Sound judgement and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- A commitment to providing quality customer service.
Culture and Benefits
In return, we offer you an opportunity to join a solid, long standing, and reputable company with a supportive work environment where you will meet great people and are provided with long term career opportunities. For further information, please visit our website www.calderstewart.co.nz and click our employment section. Please contact Chris Roche on 021-954-356 if you have any further questions.
Applications for this position should have NZ residency.
Calder Stewart is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. A negative drug test result will be a condition of any offer of employment.